Mulch in Lorton, VA is a landscape essential, especially during a drought. Studies from the U.S. Department of Agriculture have shown striking benefits from the application of mulch. Mulch is one of a homeowner’s most valuable landscape resources and, according to the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of Connecticut, an essential component of low-maintenance landscapes.
The benefits of mulch in Lorton, VA are often overlooked. But the following list enumerates just how many positive functions mulch serves in your landscape.
- Mulch shields your soil from the damaging effects of the sun’s drying rays, reducing water loss through the process of evaporation.
- Mulch serves as a blanket in the cold of winter and provides shade to cool the soil in the burning heat of summer, dampening the impact of temperature fluctuations on fragile plant roots.
- Organic mulch added to your soil breaks down to improve the ability of the soil to absorb and store nutrients, retain moisture, and filter stormwater via proper drainage.
- Mulch promotes the activity of beneficial soil organisms, which in turn accelerates microbial decomposition that creates rich humus that promotes plant growth.
- Mulch acts as a suppressant for the proliferation of plant diseases and the growth of weeds.
- Land that is regularly mulched as a standard seasonal practice is less prone to erosion.
- Mulch is a beautiful, decorative finish in any landscape.
The benefits of mulch in Lorton, VA are vital for healthy plant growth and sustainable land management practices, your yard included. So stop by RSSY to learn more about the many positive functions mulch serves in your landscape, and to get the organic mulch you need to keep your yard healthy.